Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #19

Hosted by Pen to Paper

Wishlist Wednesday is a meme hosted by Pen to Paper that allows bloggers to highlight a book they are making grabby hands towards. 



Author: Lauren Morrill

Publication date: January 7, 2014

Publisher: Delacorte

Meet Sloane Emily Jacobs: a seriously stressed-out figure-skater from Washington, D.C., who choked during junior nationals and isn’t sure she’s ready for a comeback. What she does know is that she’d give anything to escape the mass of misery that is her life.

Now meet Sloane Devon Jacobs, a spunky ice hockey player from Philly who’s been suspended from her team for too many aggressive hip checks. Her punishment? Hockey camp, now, when she’s playing the worst she’s ever played. If she messes up? Her life will be over.

When the two Sloanes meet by chance in Montreal and decide to trade places for the summer, each girl thinks she’s the lucky one: no strangers to judge or laugh at Sloane Emily, no scouts expecting Sloane Devon to be a hero. But it didn’t occur to Sloane E. that while avoiding sequins and axels she might meet a hockey hottie—and Sloane D. never expected to run into a familiar (and very good-looking) face from home. It’s not long before the Sloanes discover that convincing people you’re someone else might be more difficult than being yourself.

Why I want: 

For some reason, I'm always pulled into plots that involve ice skating/hockey/anything with ice and sports. So this involves two ice sports and that makes me even more interested. There's also the fact that two girls switch lives and that makes me perk up even more. Of course, this is different than the regular switcheroo story because 1. They're not twins or identical strangers and 2. I'm afraid it might get a little too confusing since they both have the same names, unless they refer themselves by their middle names. 

I had to add this after reading Christina's post here,
when she mentions this DCOM.
Also, I love the cover. 

What are you wishing for this Wednesday?



20 comments:

  1. Yayy!! Great pick, girlie!! I absolutely loved Meant to Be, so I'm beyond excited for this one. I actually had it up as my WoW pick too a few weeks back. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds like it could be a great one. I heard tons of positive things about Meant to Be so now I'm excited to read both of Morrill's books! I agree that it could get confusing though... hopefully that was thought through and doesn't hinder the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Meant to Be either so I'm excited for that one as well :)

      Delete
  3. I adore books which feature sports too Sunny! And I agree this book sounds wonderful! I will definitely be pre-ordering a copy! Brilliant pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds totally cute and fun! Really different, probably a light read. I hope you enjoy!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY LORD THIS SOUNDS FAB. Now I can't wait either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds so good and I adore the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one does sound so fun! I love stories featuring skating and hockey, too. I'm not super big on the twins or role reversal plot lines, but I think it'll work in this one, especially because of the aforementioned skating and hockey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got confused with the names just reading the blurb haha. :D But I really like the sound of this book! I haven't read anything featuring ice sports in a very long time, so I'm looking forward to this. The cover is pretty cute too. Awesome choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope it doesn't get MORE confusing then :)

      Delete
  9. Sorry I am a day late commenting! Stupid work. Anyway, I haven't head of this book. But, I like the sound of it. I hope you get it soon.
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The switching lives plot sounds super interesting! Thanks for sharing this book! :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book sounds so cute and lovely, as long as the author keeps us from confusing the names. I enjoyed Meant to Be, so this one should be a solid read and I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds so good! I love the trading-places idea and I like the cover too; it has the same pretty colors and city-scape like Meant to Be! :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete