Sunday, August 31, 2014

Rewind & Review: July 28 - August 31

Hosted by Shae Has Left the Room
I'm trying to get back to normalcy as much as possible so while I don't have much to recap on, I need to go back to my regular scheduling. This is college does to you apparently. I haven't gone to college parties or been the stereotypical student in movies, but I have socialized and stayed up late and was thrown into something so overwhelmingly new. So, yeah, it's been hectic.

I haven't received anything, but...
  • My mother sent me TWO packages, mostly of things I forgot at home, but sweet little surprised were there too. I needed those peanut butter pretzels (and the clothes I forgot). 
  • My dad surprised me with a quick trip (he had a meeting close by) and a visit to Starbucks.

I don't even want to talk about what I've read because I actually haven't read anything. I can't. I can't believe I even wrote that. ACTUALLY, I did read Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando. But that's it. And I'm incredibly sad.


I will be reading:

Past blog posts:

They're on the righthand-side. Near the area where you can sign up for emails. Hint, hint. 


Upcoming posts:
  • Top Ten Tuesday: Who I'd Like at My Lunch Table
  • At some point, I'll be posting my review for Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. I'm rooting for Thursday.
  • I won't even try to list more because at this point, who knows. 

Happenings:
  • CHANGES
  • Follow me on Twitter (here) and Instagram (here) and you'll know. It's been too long to attempt to rehash.

As you can see, my life is a little up in the air right now. I have semi-structure, but definitely not in a permanent state. This week will be even harder since my best friend is coming up Wednesday and I go home Thursday to help for my brother's wedding (which happens Saturday). 

Next week (I won't even try this week), I'm attempting normalcy! Scheduled posts, regularly commenting on others' blogs, reading...it's going to happen I hope.

Do you have anything I need to catch up on? What books have you read?

4 comments:

  1. Upheavals or no, you are SO much more on top of it than me. Must remember to channel this responsibility... (My mother sent me surprise cookies along with my forgotten bathrobe. Other mom is gathering cosplay parts for me. Gotta love parents that love us.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also. Do you realize that Meg Cabot is following you on Twitter??????!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. College is a big change in your lifestyle, even if you're not going crazy (which I recommend not doing!). I hope you get everything balanced and figured out; I'm sure you will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I totally get the being too busy to blog, comment on blogs, Etc. :( I need to get caught up on everything, too! But at least you're having fun, right? (I'm assuming you're having fun, at least I hope you are! (: ) And you'll get back into commenting and blogging soon, I'm sure of it! :)

    As for what I have been reading? Hmm, mostly Graphic Novels and Manga, though I have gotten a few YA and MG books in there! And Happy almost Labor Day! :)

    ReplyDelete