1) Requests may be sent in any form of communication (which can be found in my Contact page), but I strongly suggest email.
2) I do have the right to refuse requests. I may be very flattered, but I can reject without explanation.
3) I will be honest in my review. I understand there was hard work involved so I will try to be as objective as possible. However, everyone has different tastes. If I don't like it, I will say so.
4) I may choose to not review your book after I've read it. If I couldn't finish it or could barely finish it, I'm not going to waste anybody's time with a review. You probably don't want a review if I thought like that about your book. I will remind you of this fact when I respond to your request.
5) I choose when to post my reviews. I have a life with multiple things in it. If you have a specific deadline, you may ask nicely. I have the right to say no nicely, but it never hurts to ask.
6) I am willing to schedule interviews, blog tours, and giveaways upon request. But don't forget #2!
7) I do not accept e-books. Hey, if you want to give me something that I can read it on, you're free to do so.
8) I refuse to read any erotica, poetry, and non-fiction. Never, ever.
9) I do not accept compensation for any reviews. I review because I read and I read because I love books. Nothing more.
Okay, I'm done with the rules! I honestly don't like rules. But I guess I have to channel my mom and say, "They're for your own good." I like suggestions though, so here they are:
There are certain kinds of books that make me really happy. Those YA books include:
- Offbeat paranormal (which means no vampire, werewolf things)
- I always love romance!
Remember, those are suggestions. I'm happy to hear about other genres as well, but those genres are ones that I usually love the most.
Lastly, when you contact me, please include the following:
- Your name
- Your email address (if it's different than the one you're using)
- Your relation to the book (author, publisher, agent, family friend?)
- A synopsis
- The form of book you're sending (paperback, hardcover, ARC)
- The book's release date