Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rewind and Review - May and a little more

Hosted by Bookshelvers Anonymous
Hello, lovelies! So I haven't done one in a while since for whatever reason, I didn't see that Shelver was switching to a weekly thing so I was taken aback and didn't have time to prepare anything. This post will be longer than usual, adding a couple June items in there. I have been extremely excited to squeal over May! 

My Reviews
My Meme Posts
Other Fun Posts
  • A BRAND NEW CAAAR! Okay, not really. I won nothing...again. 
 

Stuff I Was Given
  • Awaken by Meg Cabot
  • Heaven Is Paved by Oreos by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
  • Enchanted and Hero by Alethea Kontis
  • Gallagher Girl notebook (these previous items were all given by Shelver from BEA)
  • The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (from Disney-Hyperion)
  • Gilt by Katherine Longshore (ARCycling)

Traded
  • Five Summers by Una LaMarche (Morgan via YA Book Exchange
  • The Elite by Keira Cass (Skye via YA Book Exchange)
Bought
  • Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock ($1)
  • That Summer by Sarah Dessen ($2)
  • Dreamland by Sarah Dessen ($2)
  • Scarlet by AC Gaughen (Montana at Book Belles, $6)
  • Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita
  • Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
  • Forever Princess by Meg Cabot
  • All's Fair in Love War and High School by Janette Rallison
  • Just One Wish by Janette Rallison
  • How to Take the Ex Out of the Ex-Boyfriend by Janette Rallison (the last 6 books were on sale at Better World Books for a TOTAL of $11, all HCs!)
Adult books:
  • The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin ($2)
  • That Certain Spark by Cathy Marie Hake ($2)
  • Serendipity by Cathy Marie Hake ($2)
  • Cassidy by Lori Wick (2 of them for $2.50. One for me, one for my little sister)
  • Sabrina by Lori Wick ($.50)
  • An Amish Christmas by Cynthia Keller ($1)
  • The Long Road Home & A Gathering of Memories 2-in-1 by Lori Wick ($1)
  • Maid to Match by Deanne Gist ($.50)
A Few of My Favorite Blog Moments
  • Getting another author to agree to do an interview, which resulted in me learning more about the series!
  • Having a favorite blogger of mine on here. I love interviews, if you can't tell. And she is the absolute sweetest!
  • Meeting some more fantastic and great bloggers through the internet. You guys are so nice.
  • My Nicest Authors list which resulted in the sweetest tweets by the authors on the list. THAT is why they are on there. I couldn't stop smiling all day. 
  • All the BEA tweets on Twitter AND getting things from BEA, thanks to my sister.
  • Finding out about Better World Books...although that might be a bad thing for my self-control.
  • Realization that I had more comments wishing me luck on my ACT than the actual review because that's how sweet everyone is. 
  • Update: I took my ACTs yesterday and no matter how I do, I know I literally did EVERYTHING (6 hours each Saturday for a month and major prepping during the week) I could to prepare. I don't exactly feel confident that I got the score I wanted (where I live, if I get a 29, I get 100% of tuition paid for in my choice of school if it's in my state. Right now, I have 75%from last time).
~*~

After this fantastic month and beginning of June, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Bloggers, without a doubt, are some of the nicest people I have ever been in contact with. Authors, at least the ones I have had Twitter conversations with, are as well. I'll be laying off the thrift store, but I do know the rest of June will be fantastic as well (I see a second author event in my future!). However, I am immensely grateful for everything that I have received this month and experienced and for the people I have talked to. 

I hope the rest of your June is lovely and you have a marvelous summer!

*Due to all the books that I have accumulated this month and hectic schedule I have, I didn't post pictures or include links. Sorry!* 

23 comments:

  1. looks like you had a good month. Good Luck in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy month, Sunny! Where do you get all these awesome book deals, dang!
    I got a 29 on my ACT and my college barely gave me any cash, I'm going to have to transfer over to where you live! :P Hope you have a great June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrift store. And Better World Books!

      Ugh, gosh. And hey, you won't hear complaints from me if we get to meet up ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, lots of books! I've heard Dairy Queens is really good. That cover is just so weird though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but I do love Catherine Gilbert Murdock!

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry you didn't win a car. lolol That cracked me up. Your favorite blogging moments are so sweet! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. I got my license though so there's something! :)

      Delete
  5. Hero sounds amazing! I'm so excited to see what you think of it. Also, I hope you love Scarlet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice that we have so much support from the blogging community and it is so sweet of everyone to wish you luck on the ACT. :) 75% of tuition paid is still a lot, and those tests are great in that yo can retake them. I'm glad you had a great May, and hopefully June will be just as lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, 2nd time! And the last. Thanks, Emily!

      Delete
  7. Oh, you got Audrey, Wait!! One of the most fun books EVER!! And you got a lot of other cool stuff but I love that book so much I kinda can't see past it:) Oh, Dairy Queen is awesome too! See I did read on:)

    Don't feel bad about never winning anything, I very rarely do either:)

    And I love your interview w/ Lauren. She's a friend of mine and it was so cool to see her on here:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID. I love that book!

      I think I wouldn't feel as bad if I didn't have a good winning streak going every month where I would win SOMETHING. Now it's a whole lotta nothing.

      Great!

      Delete
  8. Sunny May sounded like a super crazy month for you but also a lot of fun! I am insanely jealous of all the books you accumulated. I didn't even know Catherine Gilbert Murdock had another book out, I loved her Dairy Queen series! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on a lot of these books in June! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, looks like a good month for books, Sunny! How exciting. :D I'm glad that your ACT's went alright, and that it was just an overall good month for you. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww .. no shiny new car. :D I'd say you still had a pretty good month. ACT and all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You crack me up, Sunny. :) And it sounds like you had an awesome month, ACTs included. I know you rocked those. And, man, you must live in the most awesome state. I wish I'd been granted full-paid in-state tuition based on my ACT score. Or even partial. Glad you had a great month!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Jen ;) Most awesome? On some things, I guess! Thanks!

      Delete
  12. The Naturals and Gilt both sound really good, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on them! :) I hope you have a fabulous June!

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED The Naturals, I'll have to see on the Gilt!

      Delete