|Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
Possible Children Names
1. Finnick from Catching Fire & Mockingjay. The first time I read his name, I might have crinkled my nose and mocked it by saying, "Finnick like finicky?" Now, after he stole my heart in the series, I actually quite like the name.
2. Mia from Princess Diaries or If I Stay. Common name, but attached to lovable characters. While I wouldn't want my daughter to be as emotional as Princess Mia, I have always liked the name.
3. Ismae from Grave Mercy. Resembles the popular name Esme, but with an "I" so it makes it way cooler.
4. Jo from Little Women. In moderation, I'm in favor of "boy" nicknames for girl names. Of course, she would have her real name be Josephine, which evolve into many variations. But I promise you now, she will not have an Amy as a sister.
5. Roar from Under the Never Sky series. I'm a fan of lions. I love this character. The name grows on you.
Bonus: Anne or Gil from Anne of Green Gables, Addie from Two Sisters of Bamarre or American Girl, Lucy from Chronicles of Narnia, Rue from The Hunger Games, Henry from The Extraordinary Lives of April, May, and June, basically anyone from Gallagher Girls, Kat or Hale from Heist Society, Jane from Pride and Prejudice.
1. America from The Selection series. *gags*
2. Caymen from Distance Between Us. I absolutely loved the book (review will come), but that name bothered me to no end. Another character nicknamed her Cavemen, which is what I dubbed her throughout the whole story. Why would an author want her character to resemble a hairy guy?
3. Tally from The Uglies series. All I think of are those chalk marks on a board.
4. Glimmer from The Hunger Games. I like all the unique names in the series because it pays tribute
how punny to Ancient Rome, but I knew right away that anyone named Glimmer needs to go.
5. Tris from Divergent series. I think of tryst, making me think of lovers which then leads my mind to sex and ultimately to all the things that might happen after sex (like a baby). So, in all, my irrational
and disturbing mind thinks that anybody named Tris is a seductive baby.
What are some names that you either like or are too crazy?