In case you missed it, yesterday, I started the 2013 End of Year Book Survey that the fabulous Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner makes and hosts. That part of the survey consisted of the 2013 best in books. You can read it here. Today is part two so enjoy!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2013?
How can anybody do this without having a panic attack afterwards? I tried to list only one blog and then I realized that I have discovered so many wonderful and amazing and fantastic blogs and bloggers out there. I listed important ones near and dear to my heart along with blogs with great humor, but then afterwards, I panicked that I forgot somebody. So I'll just say YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Or at least, I hope you do.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2013?
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
Back in January, I discussed the groan-worthy trope of love triangles, but with a twist. Instead of having the stereotypical two guys fighting over one girl, what about if it's two girls over one guy? And wouldn't be unfair since usually that girl is the main character so we automatically hate the other girl and we have biased feelings? You all responded with great comments and I loved reading them. My post can be found here.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I went to my first ever author signing this year that had my favorite author, Ally Carter, so that will always be remembered. I also met fabulous authors at the Fierce Reads tour.
6. Best moment of book blogging/your book life in 2013?
Now this is just cruel. How can I ever remember all of them and then actually pick the best? I loved getting my first ARC, Harper whitelisting me on Edelweiss, squealing with authors, and becoming closer with bloggers. All the little things add up to make a great 2013.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
like REALLY surprisingly, the most pageviews were for Book Blogger Confessions #1, which is a meme I stopped doing. I don't think it happens anymore (I searched for it on the host's site and there didn't seem to be any new ones), but maybe I should do something similar?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I'd probably have to say any review because those always take so much time to write and when you don't receive many comments, it can be a bit deflating, although I know people do lurk (I know I do).
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Uh, Better World Books (which offers great used book sales), maybe?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I didn't set any goals until December, but I did mostly complete that one. I participated in a read-a-thon and finished most of the books I set out to read. I think I missed one or two, but I added in a couple that I didn't set out to read so I think that I compensated for it.
Do I have to pick just one? At least I limited myself.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales since everyone and their mother seems to enjoy this one.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
I think the most fanciful one would be attend BEA. The most important would be to not be too concerned with stats and to not let school bog my reading down.
And that's my 2013—of sorts—for you! On Tuesday, I'll be talking more about my 2014 goals.