Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I feel like I think this every time I do a Top Ten Tuesday, but this week was hard. I came close to cheating a lot by picking not only 2015 picks, but spring 2015 picks. But I did it. The first six have been published already and the last four haven't.


I've been waiting for this one. When I get a little breather during school to really appreciate another book, I want to buy this one and treat myself. Of course, it may just be a time where I FORCE a pause.

Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
I've heard so many positive things for this one. I'm all for another win.

Firebug by Lish McBride
Another fire book that I've heard fantastic things about. Keep it coming, you pyromaniac authors. (This book comes out today!)


Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton
This one...this one will be harder. I received an e-galley for this and have been having a horrible time connecting with the book. Need. To. Finish. Or at least get through the first several chapters. (Another book birthday!)

Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen
I don't know if I can do it. I've heard the cliffhanger is killer.

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Another one I don't know if I can do. THERE WILL BE HEARTBREAK.


Dangerous Deceptions by Sarah Zettel
Once I got into it, I really enjoyed the first one in this series. And my sister has said raving things about it. 

Mortal Heart by Robin Lafevers
My heart will definitely feel its mortality while reading this, I'm sure, if you know what I mean.

Cut Me Free by J.R. Johansson
This really, really interesting book is waiting on my kindle. I'm so excited.

EDIT: I actually forgot two of my picks. One, The Start of Me and You, isn't out until 2015, while the other, Storm Siren, is already out. 


 The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
Emery Lord! *pumps fist*

Storm Siren by Mary Weber
I've heard RAVING reviews for this one. *looks at Lauren*

What will you be reading?

27 comments:

  1. Ooh, Lady Thief is definitely on my TBR List as well (As well as Ruin and Rising, and... wow you have good picks here.) and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LADY THIEF. I love that one. The same with MORTAL HEART. It was the perfect conclusion to one of my favorite series. I was a bit disappointed by RUIN AND RISING, but it was still very good. Happy reading!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to love Lady Thief (and Mortal Heart), but I've heard it's killer on the heart.

      Delete
  3. Trial by Fire is really good! Ruin and Rising is definitely heartbreaking, but it's also so freaking awesome! I can't wait to read Mortal Heart either!
    The Start of Me and You! I adooooored Emery's first book and this one will probably be just as adorable!
    Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hoping for for this upcoming Lord book!

      Delete
  4. I want to read Something a Little Different. I guess there's a POV from a squirrel in the book and now I'm super curious to read what that's like!! Cut Me Free sounds really intense and heartbreaking!! I'm going to look out for it when the new year comes.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I love how it hosts so many POVs. I have it and I'm so excited, but so nervous!

      Delete
  5. You wouldn't want to be in my head right now. It's full of fangirlish thoughts. But yes to Lady Thief, Ruin & Rising, Mortal Heart, A Little Something Different, and The Start of Me and You. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have so many unread books on my shelves, listing a bit of the TBR pile is never a problem; but it looks like you pulled together a great list! Though you may have to force a pause to find really good reading time...or just not sleep. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd have to quit school (and life) to read everything I want to!

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any of the books on your TTT, but a few are on my TBR list! And I don't think I had read about Storm Siren before now, it looks interesting! Have fun reading all these books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah you couldn't come up with books to read for this fall?? THERE ARE SO MANY! I also still need to read Ruin and Rising (Siege and Storm first), Trial by Fire, and Firebug!! UGH just too many good reads this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How have you not read Ruin and Rising yet?! Ahhhhh get it on it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your list ^_^ Before I say anything else, the cover of The Start of Me and You is so gorgeous. I can't get tired of that loveliness, oh gosh <3
    Now that that bout of fangirling is over, I also want to read Trial by Fire and Storm Siren! And *sheepish grin* I haven't even started the Grisha trilogy or read Grave Mercy, but both sound super awesome, and I've heard nothing but great reviews for them.
    Hope you have a fantastic reading season! :D

    Here's my TTT if you're interested ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm hoping to start the Shadow & Bone and Grave Mercy trilogies this fall! I've heard great things about both, and I'm hoping my heart can handle it =)

    Also, new Emery Lord?!??!?!! Oh, the excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see you are using Photoshop, missy. :) Love it!
    I hope you'll find time to read A Little Something Different. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. I thought the story was really cute, though it's not for everyone. Hopefully you'll love it!
    Mortal Heart is AMAZING and I can't wait to see what you think!
    I'm excited for Cut Me Free and The Start of Me and You, too.
    Oh! and Storm Siren really is as good as Lauren says. :)
    Happy reading, gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Danielle! Aren't you proud? It's exhausting, my gosh. But....rewarding at the end.
      Yay! I wanted to get it as a pick me up, but my B&N on campus doesn't have it.

      Delete
  13. Personally, I might wait until Lion Heart is out before picking up Lady Thief. That cliffy IS as killer as you've been told. :( I have Mortal Heart on my Fall TBR, too...I'm nervous. I've heard it's the best yet, but I just have a hard time believing that after re-reading Grave Mercy. But I guess an author who's honed her craft so would probably write better and better books each time. :) I'm really looking forward to the next Emery Lord book, too. Really hoping to get myself a copy soon. ;) Hope you enjoy all of these, Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. Okay, you just gave me a really great excuse then!

      Delete
  14. This is nice and informative post, Thanks to post.
    <a href="http://www.securitysystemideatechnosolutions.com/odisha/bhubaneswar/ir-night-vision-camera.html>night vision camera in bhubaneswar</a>

    ReplyDelete