Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #2

Hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: Lady Thief
Author: A.C. Gaughen
Publication date: February 14, 2014
Publisher: Walker Childrens (Bloomsbury)

Scarlet’s true identity has been revealed, but her future is uncertain. Her forced marriage to Lord Gisbourne threatens Robin and Scarlet’s love, and as the royal court descends upon Nottingham for the appointment of a new Sheriff, the people of Nottingham hope that Prince John will appoint their beloved Robin Hood. But Prince John has different plans for Nottingham that revolve around a fateful secret from Scarlet’s past even she isn’t yet aware of. Forced to participate at court alongside her ruthless husband, Scarlet must bide her time and act the part of a noblewoman—a worthy sacrifice if it means helping Robin’s cause and a chance at a future with the man she loves. With a fresh line of intrigue and as much passion as ever, the next chapter in Scarlet’s tale will have readers talking once again

Why I'm wanting:

I adored Scarlet. It definitely became one of the best 2013 books I read this year. Gaughen took a different approach to Robin Hood by making Will Scarlet a girl and there was action and romance and—well, my review will be here soon. 

I'm experiencing that blogger jealousy when I see this popping up on my Twitter feed. *fingers twitch* 

Have you read Scarlet yet? What are you wanting?

30 comments:

  1. I remember picking up Scarlet, but for some reason I didn't end up finishing it. I can't remember why, though. Hmm, might have to give it another go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should! I did that once because I wasn't in the mood and SO glad that I went back.

      Delete
  2. I have not read Scarlet yet but you do have me curious with how much you liked it! I do love the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This doesn't sound like the books that I'd typically read, but I'm so enraptured by the summary. I'm adding Lady Thief and Scarlet both to my tbr!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I have this and am about to get started on it next month! Great pick:)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, I requested this on NG before I even finished Scarlet! The audio of Scarlet was phenomenal...gonna try to have my review up tomorrow, but yeah, really, really good retelling. Twisty and action-packed, plus the swoons! I think I'm going to pick up Lady Thief as soon as I finish the book I'm working on now. I have others I'm supposed to read, but I'm just too darn excited about this one! Fabulous pick, Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, Jen, that's why I love you! SWOOONNNS AND FEEEELS.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read Scarlet yet...another book I'm late to the game for, I suppose. Should I read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Emma, yes. Like, yes. ;)

      Delete
    2. It's a good thing I requested it at the library this morning and picked it up tonight. xD

      Delete
    3. YAY! That makes me just really happy. Let me know when you finish it! Whether it's good or bad, I want to know what you think.

      Delete
  7. I haven't read this series but this cover kinda creeps me out. Look at the eyes! Hehe.

    Here's my WoW

    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Scarlet, but I hope you enjoy this book when you get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Scarlet and loved it, but then I have always loved the legends of Robin Hood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't get too tired of Robin Hood stories :)

      Delete
  10. Great pick! I finally got round to ordering a copy of Scarlet this week so can't wait to read it and Lady Thief is already on the wishlist! Always love reading fresh takes on the Robin Hood legend so fingers crossed I'll love it as much as everyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing you ordered a copy makes me very happy. I hope so too!

      Delete
  11. I've not read Scarlet yet, but only heard amazing things about the book. I hope you're able to get your hands on a copy of Lady Thief soon Sunny, I also get great bouts of jealously seeing updates pop up in my feed about someone reading a certain book I'm dying to get my hands on! Fab pick lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealousy...it's an awful thing, but you just can't help it. Thanks, Jasprit <3

      Delete
  12. I haven't read the first book in the series, but I've been seeing a lot of praise from you lately! I may need to check it out! :) Great pick, girly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much praise, I feel so much love for this author.

      Delete
  13. Ooh, love the way you described the protagonist and if Scarlet was one of your favorite reads I HAVE to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read Scarlet yet I need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, definitely one of the best books I've read this year!

      Delete