Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rewind & Review: January 27 - February 9

Hosted by Shae Has Left the Room
What a crazy two weeks it's been. It's actually been more of a blur, really, but that seems to be the pattern for me these days. Another great pattern that I hope continues: I've been picking more "win" books than "loser" books! 

Books I Was Given:

Books for Review:

Number of Books I've Completed: 2 *cue sad sound effects*

What I'm Reading Now/Next:

Previous Blog Posts:
  • The feedback and comments I got from The Blogging Age discussion was AMAZING. Really, I actually wasn't sure about the post and then whap, I was slapped with great, insightful comments. And Jamie, who I consider the blogging queen, thrilled me to pieces. 
  • I had an interview for a Scholar Program at a university I'm looking at and they offered me a spot RIGHT THEN. I thought that was pretty cool, but I still need to decide if I want to join.
  • I haven't been on Twitter much thanks to school sucking all the time out of my life. 
  • You know how I was off of sweets during January? Well, I definitely made up for it this past couple of weeks. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it again. 
  • Did anyone else freak out about The Fault in Our Stars trailer? I DID.
  • I just wanted to say that Joanne Rock is one of the nicest authors out there. I feel like I give her virtual hugs all the time. 

Upcoming Blog Posts: *
  • Top Ten Tuesday - Swoon-worthy Books
  • Shippin'
  • Review: CRUEL BEAUTY by Rosamund Hodge
  • Top Ten Tuesday - Blogging Loves
  • A Whole New World
  • THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS Series Recap
*Subject to change

The hoopla of Valentine's Day is coming up, brace yourselves. Happy reading!

To buy any of the books mentioned in this post, click this button: 
Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

13 comments:

  1. That's awesome about the Scholar Program thing! :) Ahh, Valentines Day! I like the day after it more myself, when all the chocolate gets marked down! ;) My Mom has taught me to enjoy that! :) Have a wonderful week, Summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea for that! Cheaper candy, hurray!

      Delete
  2. Oh, the scholar program! Wow! Congrats :) I hope that you will be able to make a decision that suits you the best, but that's great news, Summer! :) anyhow, this haul? Amazeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, on being offered a place on the Scholar Program! I enjoyed TFioS, but I wasn't quite as blown away by it as everyone one. So, I don't think I'll watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Well, I have seen a few people say the same thing!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, it sounds like you have some awesome upcoming posts.

    And congrats on the Scholar Program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I haven't been here in ages! I missed talking to you... I've just been in this huge blogging slump and it seems like I can't seem to pick up any books. Which sucks! Anyways, I'm kicking this nasty slump to the curb! I have We Were Liars and The Edge of Falling for review as well, we can talk and discus them :) Hopefully they're good reads <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs* You're too sweet, Iris. I've been in something similar! Blogging slump and a definite reviewing slump that has got to GO. Yay, I hope we do!

      Delete
  6. You really scored with the review books this week, Miss Summer! We Were Liars is one I want to get started on soon. Cruel Beauty is one I recently picked up at the library and I can't wait to see your review.

    Big congrats on nabbing a spot in the Scholar Program- very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cruel Beauty is an awesome retelling! I'm so excited to see what else the author will write. We Were Liars also sounds amazing. I've heard a few different people say that it's already one of their favorites. Congrats on getting into the Scholar Program :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay that you're reading Fire Sunny, how are you finding it so far? I've actually been reading some pretty decent books lately too, I hope our good run continues for both of us. I hope you get to red loads more books this month too! :)

    ReplyDelete