Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Top 10 Wednesday: The 2015 spring TBR of my dreams

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Considering we are going into the last stretch of school, my reading is going to be even more limited. I'm planning on getting a local library card though since the YA section in my school library is just depressing. Technically, Google says that summer starts in late June, but I consider that to be already in the middle of summer. I constitute spring as March - May and all of these books have been released or will be released in this time frame. While I'm unsure of what I'll be able to read until May, I hope this gives all of you at least some suggestions.


Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (2/10)
Date: February 10

Two adjectives I most commonly hear associating with this book: addicting and surprising. Two of my favorite words! 

The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
Date: March 3

Again, I'm dying at the gorgeous cover. Whoever has been charge for this series is doing one heck of a job. But really, the first book was everything so I'm desperate to get more. 

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
Date: March 10

Three words: spy, orphan, queen. THAT IS ALL. (There's also a really big cliffhanger, soooo)

Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
Date: March 10

I'm pretty sure the first book, Seraphina, was published in another lifetime because of how long we have had to wait for this sequel! A reread is definitely in order, and then I'll start this beautiful thing.

The Second Guard by J.D. Vaughn
Date: April 15

Just give me all the fantasy. All of it, don't stop.


Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby
Date: April 21

This one deals with a heart transplant and feels very similar to Return to Me, a Minnie Driver movie.

Date: April 21

Another sequel where I'll have to read the first one again because I feel like it's been forever. But hey, no complaints over the rereading here. 

The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
Date: April 28

The cover kind of hurts my eyes, but I don't think I've seen a negative review on this one. I know there must be one out there, but there's just a lot of squealing in my corner of the world. And it's fantasy. So I'm expecting great things.

Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger
Date: April 28

I'm expecting lots of laughter. I need this joy in my life.

Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
Date: May 19

And after I receive the joy, I'll go onto a more somber read. This deals with schizophrenia and I can't think of a better example for an original, diverse book.  

Scarlett Undercover by Jennifer Latham
Date: May 19

POC alert! POC alert! I honestly didn't notice the girl until after I read the amazing synopsis. Bonus.

What do you want to read this spring?

3 comments:

  1. Shadow Scale!!! I plan to read it next, and I did reread Seraphina first! It was a wonderful life decision. Hope you get to read some of these books as school wraps up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just tell you - you're totally in for a treat when it comes to The Winner's Crime, The Orphan Queen, and Shadow Scale! I really enjoyed all 3 of those books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, Summer! I, too, am dying for The Orphan Queen, Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke, Things We Know by Heart, and Scarlett Undercover. And The Winner's Crime is ah-mazing.

    If you have time, here's my TTT: http://bookworm716.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-ten-tuesday-spring-tbr-list.html

    ReplyDelete