Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Top 10 Wednesday: The Last 3 Years in a Nutshell

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Yes, it's another belated Top 10 Tuesday, making it Top 10 Wednesday.

Way to make me stare helplessly at my computer, The Broke and the Bookish. We have to list our favorite books that we read in the last three years (it could also be possibly interpreted as books that have been published in the last three years instead). This feat is no small thing considering that not only have I grown greatly as reader in the last three years, but I also became a blogger and discovered ARCs (and other wonderful things) during this time. Besides, so many great books.

Disclaimer: in no way will this be comprehensive.

The Life-Changers: 

The Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce
Specifically, the series in audiobook format, narrated by Trini Alvarado (Little Women's Meg March). This was my saving grace during a particularly rough summer job. It was also when I finally read it after lots of urgings from fellow Pierce lovers.

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Obviously. I cashed in my HP virgin card late last year. It was magical.

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
This was the first book I read as an intent to blog about. It was also when I started to listen to my sister's book suggestions and read something totally out of my comfort zone. I ended up loving it and now I'm a fantasy nut.

Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
My first ARC, which was beyond exciting. I have the lovely Bloomsbury to thank for that.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
My first (and only) NA, but more importantly, it made me feel things. I connect with characters, but this was a connection in a whole different way. Unexplainable, really.

The Plain Ole Goodies:

Parallel by Lauren Miller
It won many awards in my End of the Year Book Survey and rightly so. I kept thinking about it a long time afterwards.

Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen
The whole series deserves to be on this list (gender-bending fairytale retellings!), but this just stole my heart. Feelings galore. I also loved the author's note at the end and everything this book and series stands for. Again, thank you, Bloomsbury and Gaughen. Much love.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Another fantasy I need to reread. I just remember being completely hung up on this book during one of the busiest months of the year: December. 

United We Spy by Ally Carter
This could really double as a life-changer and a goodie considering that it's the last book in my beloved Gallagher Girl series. 

The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
I won't ever stop talking about this book. Excluding the sequel, I have never had a book surprise me so much. Nothing but win.

Which books stand out for you in the last three years? 

4 comments:

  1. Song of the Lioness was an amazing series. And I could not have made this list without Harry Potter.
    I never actually finished the Gallagher Girls series. I should probably put that on my list of series to finally finish.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! For once, I've read half the books on your list! I can't say I have quite the same warm, fuzzy feelings toward them all, but regardless, congrats on a varied list and a few awesome years of reading! (And welcome to the fantasy nerds!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, especially to Harry Potter and Gallagher Girls! My most memorable book is probably I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter and Seraphina made my list too! I'm still jealous you were able to do a serious binge read of HP while I'm meanwhile working my way through slowly...

    ReplyDelete