Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #4

Hosted by Breaking the Spine
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog hop hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we tell what book we're desperately waiting for. This week I'm pining for...

Title: Ruin and Rising
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Publication date: June 17, 2014
Publisher: Henry Holt (Macmillan)

The capital has fallen. The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.

Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for.


Why I'm waiting: 

 The real question is: Why would I NOT be excited for this? The answer: Choice E - not applicable/no reason.

But if you must know why I'm excited...

  • I loved the previous two books in the series.
  • Bardugo is awesome.
  • That cover is gorgeous. 
  • Although awesome, Bardugo has also showed an evil side by teasing us with shocking twists coming ahead.
  • Mal, the Darkling, and Sturmhond. 
  • STURMHOND
  • Alina
  • The fabulous world Bardugo created
  • It's from Macmillan. Macmillan produces amazing books. 
  • Have I mentioned how much I loved the cover, this series, and Bardugo? 

The great or maybe even sad? thing is that I limited myself with this list. 

What are you waiting for? 

17 comments:

  1. Haha Cool!!

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a choice - I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to start on the series (ikr?) but I do own a copy of the first one...and with book 3 coming out soon I have all the more reason to play catch up :D Awesome pick ^^ I hope you love this one even more than the previous 2!! Here's my WoW pick this week.

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha. I know, right? This series is just so awesomely amazing, as is the author. And STURMHOND!!! Honestly, all the rest could be crap, but as long as Sturmhond was still there, I'd still be in love with these books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh ... I NEED to read the first book still!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this book either Summer! Of course we don't need a reason for why we are waiting for this!! We just need it like right now!! And thank goodness we only need to wait like another two months for it!! Lovely pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. Two months. Seems so far in some areas and soon for others.

      Delete
  7. I have not read these books... *ducks head in shame* I have heard that I totally need to! Hmm, now might be the time to, now that this book is releasing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm failing as a bloggy friend. You should!

      Delete
  8. Hehe! Summer, you're adorable. :) Don't hit me, but I haven't started this series yet. I really need to though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES SUMMER!!! I can't wait for this one either. I need it in my grabby little hands asap! I need my Darkling, Mal, and Sturmhond fix:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any books in this series, but I've heard amazing things. I hope you get a copy of Ruin and Rising soon and that it doesn't disappoint you!

    ReplyDelete