|Hosted by Breaking the Spine|
Ruin and Rising
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Publication date: June 17, 2014
Publisher: Henry Holt (Macmillan)
The capital has fallen. The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.
Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.
Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.
Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for.
Why I'm waiting:
But if you must know why I'm excited...
- I loved the previous two books in the series.
- Bardugo is awesome.
- That cover is gorgeous.
- Although awesome, Bardugo has also showed an evil side by teasing us with shocking twists coming ahead.
- Mal, the Darkling, and Sturmhond.
- The fabulous world Bardugo created
- It's from Macmillan. Macmillan produces amazing books.
- Have I mentioned how much I loved the cover, this series, and Bardugo?
or maybe even sad? thing is that I limited myself with this list.
What are you waiting for?